Job Title: Mountain Bike Suspension Technician
Full-time, Part-time, or Seasonal. Looking to fill ASAP
Dirtlabs, founded in 2008, was one of the first suspension service centers authorized by Fox to perform rear shock damper service. Over the past 10 years we have grown our service and tuning experience, performing nearly 4k services annually. We are a customer service based company with strong core values:
- Customer service excellence
- Knowledge, experience, education
- Improvement to every ride
- Suspension only
- Lifestyle & Balance
We are currently looking to add a tech to our growing team. While technical work will be the focus of the new hire, the ability to communicate with customers, both in person and via the phone, is crucial. Our ideal candidate is excited about suspension technical work and enthusiastic about the ability to grow within the company.
Perform suspension item repairs from start to finish
- Work through and diagnose common suspension issues with service manager
- Passion for mountain bikes is a must
- Maintain close attention to detail and take diligent notes
- Ability to use spreadsheets to track repair progress, special orders, etc.
- Maintain top level customer service
- Maintain cleanliness of the work-space
You are a straight shooter and appreciate the work involved in improving the riding experience of all types of riders. Busy days don’t phase your quality of work or attitude and you thrive on a processed driven approach. You align with the Dirtlabs mission and are all about “the lifestyle” the outdoor / bike industry provides.
- Mechanical Aptitude – you are familiar with the wrench and “how things work”
- Attention to detail – you can identify trends within suspension components and apply knowledge learned across all you work
- Strong communication skills – you can formulate your thoughts to customers and coworkers effectively, checking any ego at the door
- 0 – 4 years of mechanical experience (bike specific is a plus)
- Customer service experience
- Understanding of Google Docs and or Microsoft
- Rides mountain bikes – this is a must. and will be handy during company trips, and random “go ride Wednesdays” (or any day of the week for that matter)
- Compensation: DOE
Qualified candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Suspension Tech (last name)”. Please include a brief summary of why you would be a good fit and also answer the following:
- What type of suspension work have you previously performed?
- What type of oil is used in the lowers of a rockshox pike? (don’t know? look it up!)